Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When people show you who they are...

I would say 95% of the time when things go bad in a relationship, the female knew it was coming.  We have this tendency to ignore red lights and flashing signs when we meet somebody we think we wanna be with.  You know, those things that tell us "Un un girl he aint the one, RUN!!"  We make excuses for things that really speak for themselves...

He's over the age of 30 (hell even 25) and doesn't live alone ('oh he doesn't live with his mom, she lives with him')...

He has a handful of kids by just as many women ('well, he just had a few bad relationships')...

He has kids that he hasn't seen in who knows how long ('that's just his baby mama tripping')...

He doesn't go to church except MAYBE Easter but he claims to be a Christian ('well see he praises God in his own way')....

Its always something that should tell us 'oh hell no' but we act like we don't hear it.  And then when things go bad, as they always do, we find ourselves wondering 'why me?'.  Wondering how the hell did I end up here again...?

Which is exactly where I find myself.

Again.

Yea hindsight is 20/20 but in my case even my foresight was 20/15.

And now here I am, almost 2 years later, due to have a baby in less than 3 months asking myself what the hell was I thinking?  Its bad when you get to the point where you know you can't even be mad at anyone but yourself.  I knew good and damn well I should've made a U-turn, hopped over the median and burnt rubber going the other way.  But its something in that damn chromosome that makes us think we can change things.  That makes us think 'well maybe this time...'

Well maybe hell.

"When people show you who they are...believe them."

One of these days I'll learn.  It doesn't matter how much love, time, attention, understanding, etc. you give to a man, if he's sorry he'll continue to be sorry.  If he hasn't treated you how you should've been treated from jump chances are he probably never will.

Dammit man....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template